Volunteer teaching children with disabilities, Santiago, Chile
You are the one who can assure these children to have the chance to grow up safe and healthy.
Are you ready? Sign up!
Families & Homestays
Our families know, due to their experience, what it means to be a real host. They have received many students from different nationalities, occupations and ages. We will take into consideration your likes and preferences. Living with a local family is the best way to learn their customs, likes, and style while you learn a new language.
Residences & Hostels
If you want to live with several local and foreign students, you can choose to stay in a private or shared room in any of the students' residencies we offer you. Sharing a place with young people from all over the world is a great opportunity to learn about different cultures and make new friends as well as learning about the place in which you are studying.
A Private Apartment is the best choice to enjoy your privacy and comfort of your own place.
Your role as a volunteer
On this volunteer project you'll have to work on your empathy. You need to walk on these people's shoes and try to thinkabout what theywould need or like if you were them. You need to listen and to spend time with them to be able to fulfill their needs. The staff is very savy and open to help you in everything you may need. But it is important for you to be perceptive and proactive.
Usual Volunteer Tasks
- *Latin American students applying for Volunteers in Spain must have a valid EU passport.
- Over 18 years old
- High school degree
- Health insurance, accident and liability
- Commitment to the Host Organization,its rules and tasks
- Have skills to work with people with disabilities
- Be creative and have an affinitty with disabled people
- Be motivated, patient, resourceful and willing to join in a wide range of activities
- Be a committed and responsible person willing to help
- Have skills to organize recreation events
- Enthusiastic spirit and lots of energy
- Students or health professionals are welcomed to help
- An intermediate Spanish level is recommended
- Fulfill with all legal and formal requirements for your Volunteer*
- Watch out for physical and mental health of the disabled
- Assist on rehabilitation activities
- Work on maintenance activities
- Be involved with the disabled
- Spend time with them making them happier
- Preparation of recreational and sports activities
- Assisting the staff and other volunteers on routine duties
Work assisting and helping out in any activity that you feel comfortable with
You can choose from providing workshops to doing domestic tasks
Create a space for these kids and teenagers with special needs for them to learn and enjoy, but also develop their capabilities to achieve independence
Interact with children and teens with mental disabilities and enjoy the special bond that will be created between both of you
Work with a team of experts that will help you a lot and from whom you will learn a lot about issues related to physical and mental disability