Volunteer in a Southern Right Whale Observatory, Puerto Madryn, Argentina
Anything that you can bring, will be very helpful to give opportunities those more in need. Volunteer!!
Join this project and make the difference!
Families & Homestays
Our families know, due to their experience, what it means to be a real host. They have received many students from different nationalities, occupations and ages. We will take into consideration your likes and preferences. Living with a local family is the best way to learn their customs, likes, and style while you learn a new language.
Residences & Hostels
If you want to live with several local and foreign students, you can choose to stay in a private or shared room in any of the students' residencies we offer you. Sharing a place with young people from all over the world is a great opportunity to learn about different cultures and make new friends as well as learning about the place in which you are studying.
Usual Volunteer Tasks
- Over 18 years old
- High school degree
- Health insurance, accident and liability
- Commitment to the Host Organization,its rules and tasks
- Basic knowledge of Spanish
- Attitude of service
- You must have the ability to adapt and live in rustic conditions.
- You have to be healthy and willing to help in the observatory. There are specific behavior rules, so please follow them and be good mannerd. It is forbidden to drink alcohol and to use illegal drugs.
- Energy, pro-activity, creativity and a good ear are needed
- Fulfill with all legal and formal requirements for your Volunteer*
- On this project tasks are simple, but indispensable and on top of everything varied!
- ssitance in research activities about Southern Right Whales and the patagonic coast environment.
- Organization of educational activities for the community about environmental care.
- Preservation and care of the observatory and beaches.
- Assistance to tourists and visitors.
- Infrastructure upkeep.
- Helping on maintenance activities
- Be there and experience the birth of whale calves.
- Collaborate in the research of these mammals for their conservation.
- Guide visitors from all over the world in their experience with the Southern Right Whales.
- Organice educational activities to promote environmental care.