Volunteer bringing support to prisioners, Sucre, Bolivia
You are the one who can assure these children to have the chance to grow up safe and healthy.
Join this project and make the difference!
Families & Homestays
Our families know, due to their experience, what it means to be a real host. They have received many students from different nationalities, occupations and ages. We will take into consideration your likes and preferences. Living with a local family is the best way to learn their customs, likes, and style while you learn a new language.
Residences & Hostels
If you want to live with several local and foreign students, you can choose to stay in a private or shared room in any of the students' residencies we offer you. Sharing a place with young people from all over the world is a great opportunity to learn about different cultures and make new friends as well as learning about the place in which you are studying.
Your role as a volunteer
On this project you'll have to be extremely sensitive and open minded. The people assisting to the organization went or are going though very dramatic situations and sometimes an unfortunate comment could hurt their sensibilities. You'll have to be prepared to help in any way you can and to listen to the staff that has been doing the job for a long time.
Usual Volunteer Tasks
- Over 18 years old
- High school degree
- Health insurance, accident and liability
- Commitment to the Host Organization,its rules and tasks
- High school degree
- To be open mind and to have willing heart
- To be flexible, creative, enthusiastic of spirit and have lots of energy
- Any previous experience on social work will be valued
- Fulfill with all legal and formal requirements for your Volunteer*
- Accompanying prisioner’s children
- Preparing and providing workshops
- Help them to find jobs that suit their skills Support them emotionally, sometimes just a talk helps
- Assist the staff on routine duties
- Prepare meals if necessary
- Provide new ideas to improve the activities at the organization
- Talking, sharing, laughing and working side with the staff and vulnerable people
Providing your support to people who are often forgotten by Bolivian society.
Live a reality known by little people and suffered by many
Organize workshops and assist people in prison
Help prisoners’ children with homework and bring them to school.