Volunteer at a centre for children with disabilities, Sucre, Bolivia
You are the one who can assure these children to have the chance to grow up safe and healthy.
Join this project and make the difference!
Families & Homestays
Our families know, due to their experience, what it means to be a real host. They have received many students from different nationalities, occupations and ages. We will take into consideration your likes and preferences. Living with a local family is the best way to learn their customs, likes, and style while you learn a new language.
Residences & Hostels
If you want to live with several local and foreign students, you can choose to stay in a private or shared room in any of the students' residencies we offer you. Sharing a place with young people from all over the world is a great opportunity to learn about different cultures and make new friends as well as learning about the place in which you are studying.
Your role as a volunteer
On this volunteer project you'll have to work on your empathy. You need to walk on these people's shoes and try to think what would need or like if you were them. You need to listen and to spend time with them to be able to fulfill their needs. The staff is very savvy and open to help you in everything you may need. But it is important for you to be perceptive and proactive.
Usual Volunteer Tasks
- Over 18 years old
- High school degree
- Health insurance, accident and liability
- Commitment to the Host Organization,its rules and tasks
- Have skills to work with people with disabilities
- To be creative and have an affinitty with disabled people
- To be motivated, patient, resourceful and willing to join in a wide range of activities
- To be a committed and responsible person willing to help
- To have skills to organize recreation events
- Enthusiastic spirit and lots of energy
- Students or health professionals are welcomed to help
- An intermediate Spanish level is recommended
- Fulfill with all legal and formal requirements for your Volunteer*
- To watch out for children’s physical and mental health
- To assist on rehabilitation activities
- To work on maintenance activities
- To get involved with the disabled
- Working in the laundry and garden
- each one’s skills and special abilities
- To spend time with them making them happier
- Preparation of recreational and sports activities
- Assisting the staff and other volunteers on routine duties
Provide care, love and attention to children there are often forgotten by the society.
Make a real difference to underprivileged children with mental and/or physical problems and be rewarded with lots of affection.
Organize creative activities for them so they and have fun while they learn
Make your experience with disabled children, babies and teenagers and expand your horizons.