Volunteer Abroad in Manuel Antonio National Park, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
You are the one who can assure these children to have the chance to grow up safe and healthy.
Join this project and make the difference!
Families & Homestays
Our families know, due to their experience, what it means to be a real host. They have received many students from different nationalities, occupations and ages. We will take into consideration your likes and preferences. Living with a local family is the best way to learn their customs, likes, and style while you learn a new language.
Residences & Hostels
If you want to live with several local and foreign students, you can choose to stay in a private or shared room in any of the students' residencies we offer you. Sharing a place with young people from all over the world is a great opportunity to learn about different cultures and make new friends as well as learning about the place in which you are studying.
Your role as a volunteer
You must have the ability to adapt to a tropical environment and live in basic conditions. Being in excellent health and willing to help in the conservation area. There are specific behavior rules, so please follow them and keep good manners. It is prohibited to drink alcohol and to use illegal drugs.
Usual Volunteer Tasks
- Over 18 years old
- Hard working skills
- Ecologically sensitive
- Willing to learn about new cultures
- Enthusiastic and creative
- Maintenance and construction of the trails
- General infrastructure maintenance
- Protection and cleaning of the beaches
- Work against wildlife trade, poaching and deforestation
- Preserve the productivity of the biological communities that inhabit the coastal zone
- Collaborate on environmental education programs for tourists and for inhabitants of the surrounding communities
- Touristic attention and customer service
- Control Walkings
- Forest protection
- Live your volunteer experience at one of the most valued areas of Costa Rica for its varied flora and fauna.
- Take part in maintenance jobs, education and training programs and control activities at the park.
- Address real issued that this park is suffering because of tourist activity, agriculture and dairy farming.
- Feel like a local making sure this valued National Park is taken care of.