Educational Volunteer with children in need, Santiago de Chile, Chile
You are the one who can assure these children to have the chance to grow up safe and healthy.
Join this project and make the difference!
Families & Homestays
Our families know, due to their experience, what it means to be a real host. They have received many students from different nationalities, occupations and ages. We will take into consideration your likes and preferences. Living with a local family is the best way to learn their customs, likes, and style while you learn a new language.
Residences & Hostels
If you want to live with several local and foreign students, you can choose to stay in a private or shared room in any of the students' residencies we offer you. Sharing a place with young people from all over the world is a great opportunity to learn about different cultures and make new friends as well as learning about the place in which you are studying.
A Private Apartment is the best choice to enjoy your privacy and comfort of your own place.
Your role as a volunteer
On this volunteer project you'll have to work on your empathy. You need to walk on these people's shoes and try to thinkabout what theywould need or like if you were them. You need to listen and to spend time with them to be able to fulfill their needs. The staff is very savy and open to help you in everything you may need. But it is important for you to be perceptive and proactive.
Usual Volunteer Tasks
- Over 18 years old
- High school degree
- Health insurance, accident and liability
- Commitment to the Host Organization,its rules and tasks
- Maintain a cordial relationship with students
- Be motivated, patient, resourceful and willing to join in a wide range of activities
- Be a committed and responsible person willing to help
- Have skills to organize recreation events
- Enthusiastic spirit and lots of energy
- An intermediate Spanish level is recommended
- Fulfill with all legal and formal requirements for your Volunteer*
- Prepare educational material
- Teach English or your mother tongue
- Provide homework support
- Setting up handcraft workshops
- Giving dance classes
- Starting theatre clinics
- Organizing music seminars
- Assisting the staff and other volunteers on routine duties
- Teaching students about your country and its customs
Provide good quality education for children with few resources that live in poverty and want to increase their knowledge
Provide lessons and recreational activities supported by an experienced organization that is used to working with volunteer and knows how to make the best experience for you as well for the children and the institution
Provide training tools to children for them to develop into competent adult with equal opportunities
Put in all your innovative capacity to motivate new challenges for the welfare of children