Volunteer with ill children and their families in Cordoba, Argentina
Help improve the quality of life of these sick children and their families.
On this project you’ll have the chance of making the treatment time of sick kids a fun and entertained time. By organizing recreational activities you’ll help them enjoy the moments they spend at the house that is usually a hard time for them as well as for their families.
When a family has a child with a serious disease is very important to be near the place where he or she receives the treatment. And people that don’t live in big cities often need to relocate to be near a high complexity hospital to deal with the acute illness. In that relocation, because of low economic resources, they usually end up at a residence that doesn’t always has the appropriate space for a rehabilitating child with low defenses.
This home away from home offers a safe place to stay for the children and the parents. For the parents means taking at least one worry off their shoulders since they know they are living under the best conditions for children on that situation and also, that they are near the hospital in case they have to run there. For the children it means that they are protected and enjoying a beautiful facility created especially for them.
Join this project and make the difference!
The foundation behind this noble purpose has houses all over Argentina. The house in Córdoba has been working since 2008 for families that come from small towns around the city and also the center and north east part of the country that have a son or daughter that has cancer, needs an organ transplant or suffers any other complex pathology. It has room for 17 families (4 per room) and many common spaces for them to interact and to support each other.
The game room will be your domain. There you’ll create imaginary worlds with the children and prepare different activities with them and for them. You can teach them things about your country and make a drawing about what they like most about their home. You can read books to them or sing songs with them. The smallest thing can cheer them up. This is though a hard project to work at. You need to consider that some of these children have terminal illnesses and the treatment doesn’t always ends as planned. It’s very saddening when that happens and you’ll need to be prepared. You’ll need to be strong and to remember that the upside of this is when some child gets discharged because he is cured. Besides there’s nothing better than a child’s smile and affection and the grtefulness of the parents that will see a great friend in you.
If you’re eager to work and share your time with these ill kids this is the project for you. Your life will never be the same and you’ll leave with a new perspective on life.
Families & Homestays
Our families know, due to their experience, what it means to be a real host. They have received many students from different nationalities, occupations and ages. We will take into consideration your likes and preferences. Living with a local family is the best way to learn their customs, likes, and style while you learn a new language.
Residences & Hostels
If you want to live with several local and foreign students, you can choose to stay in a private or shared room in any of the students' residencies we offer you. Sharing a place with young people from all over the world is a great opportunity to learn about different cultures and make new friends as well as learning about the place in which you are studying.
A Private Apartment is the best choice to enjoy your privacy and comfort of your own place.
Your role as a volunteer
On this volunteer project you'll have to work on your empathy. You need to walk on these people's shoes and try to think what would need or like if you were them. You need to listen and to spend time with them to be able to fulfill their needs. The staff is very savvy and open to help you in everything you may need. But it is important for you to be perceptive and proactive.
Usual Volunteer Tasks
*Latin American students applying for Volunteers in Spain must have a valid EU passport.
- Over 18 years old
- High school degree
- Health insurance, accident and liability
- Commitment to the Host Organization,its rules and tasks
- Have skills to work with people with disabilities
- To be creative and have an affinitty with disabled people
- To be motivated, patient, resourceful and willing to join in a wide range of activities
- To be a committed and responsible person willing to help
- To have skills to organize recreation events
- Enthusiastic spirit and lots of energy
- Students or health professionals are welcomed to help
- An intermediate Spanish level is recommended
- Fulfill with all legal and formal requirements for your Volunteer*
- To watch out for physical and mental health of the disabled
- To assist on rehabilitation activities
- To work on maintenance activities
- To get involved with the disabled
- To spend time with them making them happier
- Preparation of recreational and sports activities
- Assisting the staff and other volunteers on routine duties
The tasks named above will be arranged with every volunteer according to each one’s skills and special abilities.
- Help children enjoy the moments they spend at the house by organizing recreational activities
- Provide the so necessary support to the children’s families that are suffering along with their sons and daughters
- Create imaginary worlds with the children and prepare different activities with them and for them
- Get a new perspective on life and open yourself up to this extremely moving experience.
Contact us NOW!
Our Team is ready to help you: