Volunteer with HIV/AIDS children, Buenos Aires, Argentina
The most important thing is that you'll be a positive role model for the children.
On this project you’ll be working with an NGO that has three homes for children in the age of 3 to 13 years old and who have been infected with HIV or who are suffering from AIDS. You can help the children with their daily tasks or help the “professional” volunteers take care of the children. This is the perfect volunteer experience if you want to understand a little bit more about this disease and want to have a closer look at the problems of exclusion.
In every home there are about 10 children living and playing together and there is a great group of volunteers who take care of the children as well. These kids have been placed here due to unsuitable families or improper care, which has caused them enormous emotional pain. However, with the guidance of the incredible staff you will be able to show these children they are loved and can help them find a little bit of normalcy. They have all different life stories but overall, they are just ordinary children who would like to have fun and live a happy childhood. You will provide care, support, counselling and workshops for children that are unfortunately infected. As a volunteer you can help the casualties suffering from opportunistic diseases to improve their quality of life. There is a lot to learn and experience working on this project.
These kids need you!
Although no medical knowledge in HIV/AIDS care is needed, you will need to be competent in your ability to support the children at the homes. Your presence will ensure that each child’s needs are met according to their individual medical, developmental and emotional status, and that they get the most effective help possible.
The staff is going to receive you with open arms, since help is always needed. The children will appreciate your company and affection and your perspective on life will be changed for the better forever. You will be proud of yourself for positively affecting someone’s life in your own means to change and discover what you are capable of doing on your own. Experiencing a different culture you will enhance your knowledge on life, society, care the HIV/AIDS disease and its effect on people. And on the adventure of your lifetime you’ll be helping people that need you! Little children that need your affection and understanding to go through the terrible circumstances they are facing.
Among the tasks you’ll have asign are helping the children with school homework, organizing recreational activities, assisting in maintaining the home, assisting staff during meal time, preparing the children for school in the morning and assisting with their daily tasks.
Families & Homestays
Our families know, due to their experience, what it means to be a real host. They have received many students from different nationalities, occupations and ages. We will take into consideration your likes and preferences. Living with a local family is the best way to learn their customs, likes, and style while you learn a new language.
Residences & Hostels
If you want to live with several local and foreign students, you can choose to stay in a private or shared room in any of the students' residencies we offer you. Sharing a place with young people from all over the world is a great opportunity to learn about different cultures and make new friends as well as learning about the place in which you are studying.
A Private Apartment is the best choice to enjoy your privacy and comfort of your own place.
Your role as a volunteer
On this project you'll have to be extremely sensitive and open minded. The people assisting to the organization went or are going though very dramatic situations and sometimes an unfortunate comment could hurt their sensibilities. You'll have to be prepared to help in any way you can and to listen to the staff that has been doing the job for a long time.
Usual Volunteer Tasks
- Over 18 years old
- High school degree
- Health insurance, accident and liability
- Commitment to the Host Organization,its rules and tasks
- High school degree
- To be open mind and to have willing heart
- To be flexible, creative, enthusiastic of spirit and have lots of energy
- Any previous experience on social work will be valued
- Fulfill with all legal and formal requirements for your Volunteer*
- Helping the conditioned with their daily activities
- Preparing and providing workshops
- Help them to find jobs that suit their skills Support them emotionally, sometimes just a talk helps
- Assist the staff on routine duties
- Prepare meals if necessary
- Provide new ideas to improve the activities at the organization
- Talking, sharing, laughing and working side with the staff and vulnerable people
The tasks named above will be arranged with every volunteer according to each one’s skills and special abilities.
- Provide care and emotional support for HIV/AIDS infected and affected children and their families
- Expand your knowledge on the dangers and socio-economic problems associated with HIV/AIDS so there can be an increasing global action and awareness
- Help care for children who have often been left out of the social circle due to their condition and become their big brother or sister
- Take the opportunity of acquiring knowledge for educating your peers back home about the disease
Contact us NOW!
Our Team is ready to help you: