Volunteer providing affection in an orphanage, Sucre, Bolivia
You are the one who can assure these children to have the chance to grow up safe and healthy.
During the project you’ll be sharing time with Bolivian children that have been have been separated from their parents due issues such as alcoholism, child, abuse and economic factors. The orphanage provides a safe haven for these underprivileged children, but resources are limited and they are crying out for volunteer assistance.
Help bring a smile to the faces of these wonderful children by offering your time, affection and support. The orphanage currently cares for approximately 65 children, from newborn babies, up to the age of six years old. The centre takes responsibility for the overall care of the children, including feeding, nutrition, clothing, hygiene, education and care when sick. Some of the children are later fostered by families who take them into their homes, and others move to a new institute for further care after the age of six.
The people working on this centre will assist you with all the information that you’ll need to get around the Sucre and use the public transport.
Join this project and make the difference!
They will tell you what to do and what not to do in the city, so that you will free and save to get to know Bolivia a bit better.
You’ll play an important role at the project. You can choose between two areas in which you’ll help. The first one is to work with babies that will need you to feed them, wash them, change their nappies and clothes, keep them stimulated an play with them. With the slight older ones you’ll assist in their routine taking them to the kindergarten, providing lunches, playing, offer educational support, washing them and washing their clothes among others.
In this project you’ll feel howrewarding it is to give your love to children. The most just need a bit of patience and comprehension, someone that spends time with them. This children suffered under lack of attention and affection, being separated from their parents because of often rough reasons, leaving them alone in a big world that often forgets about them. Bring colour into their lives, make them smile again and get rewarded with a fulfilling experience that will remain in your memory forever.
Families & Homestays
Our families know, due to their experience, what it means to be a real host. They have received many students from different nationalities, occupations and ages. We will take into consideration your likes and preferences. Living with a local family is the best way to learn their customs, likes, and style while you learn a new language.
Residences & Hostels
If you want to live with several local and foreign students, you can choose to stay in a private or shared room in any of the students' residencies we offer you. Sharing a place with young people from all over the world is a great opportunity to learn about different cultures and make new friends as well as learning about the place in which you are studying.
A Private Apartment is the best choice to enjoy your privacy and comfort of your own place.
Your role as a volunteer
As a volunteer you'll be expected to have a predisposition to work in teams with the regular staff and other local and international volunteers. The key to really seize the experience is to be open and to be proactive. Those qualities will be highly valued. Kids will want to know everything about you so you'll be able to share your background with them and vice versa. On this project you'll have to show all that love you have for children.
Usual Volunteer Tasks
- Over 18 years old
- High school degree
- Health insurance, accident and liability
- Commitment to the Host Organization,its rules and tasks
- Good predisposition to work with children
- Ability to adapt to different circumstances and flexibility
- Good spirit and lots of energy
- Pro-activeand, self-motivated and didactic
- Basic level of Spanish. Keep in mind that tasks will be assigned according to your level of Spanish
- Previous experience in social or educational work though not mandatory, will be valued
- Fulfill with all legal and formal requirements for your Volunteer*
*Latin American students applying for Volunteers in Spain must have a valid EU passport.
- Watch the children during working hours
- Help children with their homework and reading
- Assist with the set up and clean up of projects and snack time
- Raise vital funds for the project
- Prepare recreational activities
- Put together presentations and educational games
- Spend free time chatting and playing with the children
- Assist the teachers and other volunteers on routine tasks
- Propose new ideas to improve the day to day work at the organization
- Make friendship with the kids
- Prepare educational material
- Teach the children about your culture
- Help preparing meals offered
The tasks named above will be arranged with every volunteer according to each one’s skills and special abilities.
- Spend time taking care of children that seek for attention and love.
- Live Bolivian life away from the touristic area and wonder how much you’ll learn.
- Work with with newborns to 6 year old kids.
- Feel how rewarding it is to work with children.
Contact us NOW!
Our Team is ready to help you: