Volunteer in a kindergarten, Cuzco, Peru
You are the one who can assure these children to have the chance to grow up safe and healthy.
This project works with some kindergartens in and around Cuzco that provide care to children from disadvantaged and underprivileged families. In each centre there are around 35 children, between 3 and 5 years old. The centers provide a safe place for the children to learn and spend day, as their parents are usually working hard everyday. This is a wonderful opportunity to give something back to the society during your visit and to get off the tourist trail and come into contact with local people. Get to know the Peruvian society from very close and deal with children with difficult backgrounds.
The people working on this centre will assist you with all the information that you’ll need to get around and use the public transport in Peru. They will tell you what to do and what not to do in the city, so that you will free and save to get to know the country a bit better.
Join this project and make the difference!
The kindergartens have very little resources, and as such, you will need to be creative in coming up with new activities that do not require many materials! The children will appreciate your attention and all the love you can give. Prepare to be fun and busy! Your role as a volunteer will include some or all of the following: create funny and educational games for them and play with them, singing songs, dance, do arts and crafts, organize sport events and parties, assisting with educational lessons, helping at meal times, teaching personal hygiene, supervising during breaks and help with homework. You won’t get worried!
In this project you’ll feel how rewarding it is to give your love to children that have so little in their lives, but a lot of energy and affection to offer. Most of this children suffer under hard economic problems and are sometimes forgotten by their government. Bring colour into their lives, see them smile again and get rewarded with a fulfilling experience that will remain in your memory forever.
Families & Homestays
Our families know, due to their experience, what it means to be a real host. They have received many students from different nationalities, occupations and ages. We will take into consideration your likes and preferences. Living with a local family is the best way to learn their customs, likes, and style while you learn a new language.
Residences & Hostels
If you want to live with several local and foreign students, you can choose to stay in a private or shared room in any of the students' residencies we offer you. Sharing a place with young people from all over the world is a great opportunity to learn about different cultures and make new friends as well as learning about the place in which you are studying.
Your role as a volunteer
As a volunteer you'll be expected to have a predisposition to work in teams with the regular staff and other local and international volunteers. The key to really seize the experience is to be open and to be proactive. Those qualities will be highly valued. Kids will want to know everything about you so you'll be able to share your background with them and vice versa. On this project you'll have to show all that love you have for children.
Usual Volunteer Tasks
- Over 18 years old
- High school degree
- Health insurance, accident and liability
- Commitment to the Host Organization,its rules and tasks
- Good predisposition to work with children
- Ability to adapt to different circumstances and flexibility
- Good spirit and lots of energy
- Pro-activeand, self-motivated and didactic
- Basic level of Spanish. Keep in mind that tasks will be assigned according to your level of Spanish
- Previous experience in social or educational work though not mandatory, will be valued
- Fulfill with all legal and formal requirements for your Volunteer*
*Latin American students applying for Volunteers in Spain must have a valid EU passport.
- Watch the children during working hours
- Help children with their homework and reading
- Assist with the set up and clean up of projects and snack time
- Raise vital funds for the project
- Prepare recreational activities
- Put together presentations and educational games
- Spend free time chatting and playing with the children
- Assist the teachers and other volunteers on routine tasks
- Propose new ideas to improve the day to day work at the organization
- Prepare educational material
- Teach the children about your culture
- Help preparing meals offered
The tasks named above will be arranged with every volunteer according to each one’s skills and special abilities.
- Playing games and singing songs with the children – we bet you’ll have as much fun as they do!
- Watching as the children’s confidence and early development improves with your help A very Rewarding experience!
- Organize creative activities such as arts and crafts.
- Experiment how rewarding it is to work with children.
Contact us NOW!
Our Team is ready to help you: