Volunteer bringing support to prisioners, Sucre, Bolivia
You are the one who can assure these children to have the chance to grow up safe and healthy.
During the project you’ll be able to choose between three areas or with three groups of people where you can help. Firstly, with female prisoners, where classes and workshops are being conducted to teach the women how to sew, weave and paint.
Secondly you can choose to help out in the carpentry and electricity workshops with male prisoners. The aim of these workshops is to arm the prisoners with new skills to enable them to gain employment following their release. Some of the prisoners are studying Agronomy, and professors from the university go to the prison to provide teaching materials, this is something else you may be required to help out with. Finally, you can work with the prisioners’ children helping them with their homework and taking them to school or kindergarten.
The people working on this centre will assist you with all the information that you’ll need to get around the Sucre and use the public transport.
Join this project and make the difference!
They will tell you what to do and what not to do in the city, so that you will free and save to get to know Bolivia a bit better, as well as assist you in everything you may need during your work with the prisoners, what may could be hard sometimes, but what is as rewarding when you believe in what you’re doing: helping to get these people back into the society.
You’ll play an big role at the project, assisting in everything you can and remaining open-minded and comprehensive with the people you are working with. It is very important to leave the prejudices behind and have a strong and motivated character, showing commitment and trusting in the task you’re doing.
Work with people that need help to start a new life, that are willing to change and look forward, learning from the past and giving the best om themselves to reinsert in the Bolivian society after passing a rough time in prison. Make this world a little bit better by helping them. Join the program and you’ll never forget the experience.
Families & Homestays
Our families know, due to their experience, what it means to be a real host. They have received many students from different nationalities, occupations and ages. We will take into consideration your likes and preferences. Living with a local family is the best way to learn their customs, likes, and style while you learn a new language.
Residences & Hostels
If you want to live with several local and foreign students, you can choose to stay in a private or shared room in any of the students' residencies we offer you. Sharing a place with young people from all over the world is a great opportunity to learn about different cultures and make new friends as well as learning about the place in which you are studying.
Your role as a volunteer
On this project you'll have to be extremely sensitive and open minded. The people assisting to the organization went or are going though very dramatic situations and sometimes an unfortunate comment could hurt their sensibilities. You'll have to be prepared to help in any way you can and to listen to the staff that has been doing the job for a long time.
Usual Volunteer Tasks
- Over 18 years old
- High school degree
- Health insurance, accident and liability
- Commitment to the Host Organization,its rules and tasks
- High school degree
- To be open mind and to have willing heart
- To be flexible, creative, enthusiastic of spirit and have lots of energy
- Any previous experience on social work will be valued
- Fulfill with all legal and formal requirements for your Volunteer*
- Accompanying prisioner’s children
- Preparing and providing workshops
- Help them to find jobs that suit their skills Support them emotionally, sometimes just a talk helps
- Assist the staff on routine duties
- Prepare meals if necessary
- Provide new ideas to improve the activities at the organization
- Talking, sharing, laughing and working side with the staff and vulnerable people
The tasks named above will be arranged with every volunteer according to each one’s skills and special abilities.
- Providing your support to people who are often forgotten by Bolivian society.
- Live a reality known by little people and suffered by many
- Organize workshops and assist people in prison
- Help prisoners’ children with homework and bring them to school.
Contact us NOW!
Our Team is ready to help you: