Volunteer at a Soup Kitchen, Cordoba, Argentina
Anything that you can bring, will be very helpful to give opportunities those more in need. Volunteer!!
On this project you’ll be helping at a community center where people that live in extreme poverty assist to get help to satisfy some of their basic needs. There is much you can do and much you can learn from getting immersed in this reality. This impoverished neighborhood in Cordoba needs your assistance to improve the quality of life of its inhabitants.
All you need to do is to put all your empathy skills and you’ll feel the need to donate your time and energy without thinking it a minute further. Imagine, living on the streets or at a shack during the cold winter and the exhausting summer, without having proper clothing to protect yourself from the weather conditions and without food for you or the people you care about. That’s a pretty scary picture right?
The cruel economy has left many families without shelters or jobs to have a hope for a brighter future. They could use your help in so many ways! The people working at the center work non-stop to do the impossible with very few resources. They all chip in with donations and with their full commitment of course.
Soup kitchens need help in many aspects, other than just serving food. You may need to help prepare food, pick up donations, take inventory of food, set up tables, and clean up, so be ready to help however possible. Also at the community wardrobe you’ll be ordering and sorting the clothes and preparing bags of clothes to take to other community centers apart from giving out the cloth to the one that needs it. You can also help with administrative tasks updating documentation, managing folders and reviewing files.
Join this project and make the difference!
Here you’ll also have the chance to share your knowledge and expertise on different matters giving workshops about any topic you may think that could improve the situation the people is going through. Some of them come from violent environments and may need just your care and attention or only someone to talk to. You’ll be part of their support system during the roughest time in their lives and their appreciation will show faster than what you may expect.
Children need an appropriate nutrition for proper development. Their everyday life is a struggle and they need to be in good health to face it. You can help the children also, by helping them with their homework or in case they aren’t part of the formal education system you can help them with the basics and also being a positive role model so that they start shaping a better life than the ones their parents have. The elderly that are spending their last years of life in poverty will appreciate having a warm meal and a space to be part of lectures, games and activities.
This center needs help year-round, and especially throughout the cold winter months. What are you waiting for? You know that you can do your bit to improve these people’s situation. Volunteering in a place like this will give you a sense of satisfaction that will stay for you with as long as you live and a fresh perspective of how much you can do with so little! Sign up and make a difference!
Families & Homestays
Our families know, due to their experience, what it means to be a real host. They have received many students from different nationalities, occupations and ages. We will take into consideration your likes and preferences. Living with a local family is the best way to learn their customs, likes, and style while you learn a new language.
Residences & Hostels
If you want to live with several local and foreign students, you can choose to stay in a private or shared room in any of the students' residencies we offer you. Sharing a place with young people from all over the world is a great opportunity to learn about different cultures and make new friends as well as learning about the place in which you are studying.
A Private Apartment is the best choice to enjoy your privacy and comfort of your own place.
Usual Volunteer Tasks
*Latin American students applying for Volunteers in Spain must have a valid EU passport.
- Over 18 years old
- High school degree
- Health insurance, accident and liability
- Commitment to the Host Organization,its rules and tasks
- Basic knowledge of Spanish
- Attitude of service
- Enthusiasm for working with people of low resources
- Studies in careers or professions in humanistic and/or social fields, though not mandatory will be highly valued
- Energy, pro-activity, creativity and a good ear are needed
- Willingness to share your time
- Fulfill with all legal and formal requirements for your Volunteer*
- On this project tasks are simple, but indispensable and on top of everything varied!
- Peel potatoes, chop vegetables, serve diner and wash dishes
- Set up workshops
- Organize events
- Offer friendship to the people that come to the organization and provide advice
- Assist the regular staff on routine duties
- Help on the community closet, sorting clothes and giving them to those who need it
- Helping on maintenance activities
- To listen and meet the needs of the people that come to the organization for it
The tasks named above will be arranged with every volunteer according to each one’s skills and special abilities.
- Work at a community center that assists people of all ages: children, teenagers, adults and elders. Assist on any of the many areas that this center offers: the soup kitchen, the wardrobe, with workshops or just being a friendly ear or giving advice.
- Relate to a tough Argentinean reality and get to know it from the inside while giving your best and helping them change their situation
- Get a fresh perspective of how much you can do with so little!
Contact us NOW!
Our Team is ready to help you: