Volunteer at a centre for children with disabilities, Sucre, Bolivia
You are the one who can assure these children to have the chance to grow up safe and healthy.
One of the centers cares solely for children, and here, one of the most important activities taking place is education and vocational workshops. You will assist in these classes and by providing the children with new skills, it will improve their future prospects by enabling them to earn money through employment. Without the help of the project, this would be impossible for these children as there is very little alternative help available to them.
The second center cares for around 80 children and adults who are living with conditions such as Downs Syndrome, autism and multiple disabilities. The institution does not receive any government support and is sustained solely through the dedication of the staff, and from donations from the public and from volunteers. Help is needed with the following activities:Taking the patients for walks, assisting medical staff with therapy, exercise and rehabilitation, helping with feeding at meal times, cooking and cleaning, working in the vegetable garden
Join this project and make the difference!
You will usually work either in the mornings or the afternoons, but any extra time you can dedicate to the projects will be appreciated. You will have weekends free to spend as you wish.
In this project you’ll feel how rewarding it is to give your love to children that suffer under hard conditions, and that in a lot of cases just need a bit of patience and comprehension. Be the one to make them smile again, to improve their quality of life and yours at the same time by taking part of an experience that will rest in your memory for ever. Make a difference to disabled children and learn to see the world from their eyes. If you feel the urge to make earth a better place for children that can’t go through without help, apply now. This is your chance to change your life.
Families & Homestays
Our families know, due to their experience, what it means to be a real host. They have received many students from different nationalities, occupations and ages. We will take into consideration your likes and preferences. Living with a local family is the best way to learn their customs, likes, and style while you learn a new language.
Residences & Hostels
If you want to live with several local and foreign students, you can choose to stay in a private or shared room in any of the students' residencies we offer you. Sharing a place with young people from all over the world is a great opportunity to learn about different cultures and make new friends as well as learning about the place in which you are studying.
Your role as a volunteer
On this volunteer project you'll have to work on your empathy. You need to walk on these people's shoes and try to think what would need or like if you were them. You need to listen and to spend time with them to be able to fulfill their needs. The staff is very savvy and open to help you in everything you may need. But it is important for you to be perceptive and proactive.
Usual Volunteer Tasks
- Over 18 years old
- High school degree
- Health insurance, accident and liability
- Commitment to the Host Organization,its rules and tasks
- Have skills to work with people with disabilities
- To be creative and have an affinitty with disabled people
- To be motivated, patient, resourceful and willing to join in a wide range of activities
- To be a committed and responsible person willing to help
- To have skills to organize recreation events
- Enthusiastic spirit and lots of energy
- Students or health professionals are welcomed to help
- An intermediate Spanish level is recommended
- Fulfill with all legal and formal requirements for your Volunteer*
*Latin American students applying for Volunteers in Spain must have a valid EU passport.
- To watch out for children’s physical and mental health
- To assist on rehabilitation activities
- To work on maintenance activities
- To get involved with the disabled
- Working in the laundry and garden
- each one’s skills and special abilities
- To spend time with them making them happier
- Preparation of recreational and sports activities
- Assisting the staff and other volunteers on routine duties
The tasks named above will be arranged with every volunteer according to each one’s skills and special abilities.
- Provide care, love and attention to children there are often forgotten by the society.
- Make a real difference to underprivileged children with mental and/or physical problems and be rewarded with lots of affection.
- Organize creative activities for them so they and have fun while they learn
- Make your experience with disabled children, babies and teenagers and expand your horizons.
Contact us NOW!
Our Team is ready to help you: