Volunteer assisting in a children's home in Quito, Ecuador
You are the one who can assure these children to have the chance to grow up safe and healthy.
The centre provides care for about 20 children aged between 5 and 12 years of age,whose mothers are either working in the sex industry or incarcerated, and therefore unable to look after them. The children live at the centre although for those who are able to, they see their mothers at the weekends. The centre consists of dormitories,a dining area, library, study centre and playground. Throughout the day, the children are provided with food, care and educational activities.
The permanent staff are occupied all day with day-to-day tasks running the center, so as a volunteer you will be kept busy helping them out with cooking, cleaning and care-work, as well as keeping the children entertained. You’ll need to be creative, patient and able to use your initiative as you organize educational and recreational activities for the children such as teaching English, playing games and arranging excursions.
The kinds of tasks you can expect to get involved with include: Assisting during meal times, organizing the necessary paperwork to help the young people to obtain identification documents, accompanying the children to school and acting as their responsible guardian to monitor their progress, helping with homework, preparing study materials, organizing trips for the children and teenagers and providing psychological assistance if qualified and experienced.
Join this project and make the difference!
The people working on this centre will assist you with all the information that you’ll need to get around and use the public transport. They will tell you what to do and what not to do in Ecuador, so that you will feel free and save to get to know the country a bit better, as well as assist you in everything you may need during your work with the children.
You’ll play an big role at the project, Help this local community this children to gain self-esteem and a hope for their future lifes, get the smile back to their faces, provide love and support to those kids that are passing through a rough time and need support and empathy. Make a real difference to children living whose mothers can’t care for them and profit from the incredible experience you’ll take home. Join this project in Ecuador now and do never forget it.
Families & Homestays
Our families know, due to their experience, what it means to be a real host. They have received many students from different nationalities, occupations and ages. We will take into consideration your likes and preferences. Living with a local family is the best way to learn their customs, likes, and style while you learn a new language.
Residences & Hostels
If you want to live with several local and foreign students, you can choose to stay in a private or shared room in any of the students' residencies we offer you. Sharing a place with young people from all over the world is a great opportunity to learn about different cultures and make new friends as well as learning about the place in which you are studying.
Your role as a volunteer
As a volunteer you'll be expected to have a predisposition to work in teams with the regular staff and other local and international volunteers. The key to really seize the experience is to be open and to be proactive. Those qualities will be highly valued. Kids will want to know everything about you so you'll be able to share your background with them and vice versa. On this project you'll have to show all that love you have for children.
Usual Volunteer Tasks
- Over 18 years old
- High school degree
- Health insurance, accident and liability
- Commitment to the Host Organization,its rules and tasks
- Good predisposition to work with children
- Ability to adapt to different circumstances and flexibility
- Good spirit and lots of energy
- Pro-activeand self-motivated
- Basic level of Spanish. Keep in mind that tasks will be assigned according to your level of Spanish
- Previous experience in social or educational work though not mandatory, will be valued
- Fulfill with all legal and formal requirements for your Volunteer*
*Latin American students applying for Volunteers in Spain must have a valid EU passport.
- Watch the children during working hours
- Help children with their homework and reading
- Assist with the set up and clean up of projects and snack time
- Prepare recreational activities
- Put together presentations and educational games
- Spend free time chatting and playing with the children
- Assist the teachers and other volunteers on routine tasks
- Propose new ideas to improve the day to day work at the organization
- Make friendship with the kids
- Prepare educational material
- Teach the children about your culture
- Help preparing meals offered
The tasks named above will be arranged with every volunteer according to each one’s skills and special abilities.
- Create a bond with children despite their young age, have often already had a very difficult background.
- Make a real difference by providing these children with the attention and support and see them smile again.
- Organize trips for the children.
- Teach English and provide them a better future by sharing all your knowledge.
Contact us NOW!
Our Team is ready to help you: