Volunteer assisting children in need, Cuzco, Peru
You are the one who can assure these children to have the chance to grow up safe and healthy.
On this project you will be volunteering with an association that commenced work in Cuzco in 1997. Their aim is to protect the rights and interests of children most in need. Boys and girls who have been abandoned or who are at risk are provided with a safe home at a centre where staff take on a family role to provide a caring environment for them. Wherever possible, the project tries to reintegrate the children with their families, however, when this is not possible, they also seek adoptive families for them. The children range in age from newborn up to ten years old.
Due to the young age of the children at the home, you will be extremely busy
throughout the day!
Join this project and make the difference!
Activities will include some or all of the following: Bathing, changing and clothing the babies and children, feeding babies and helping at meal times, playing with the babies to provide early stimulation and learning, arranging fun activities such as arts and crafts with the slightly older children, taking the children for walks, providing love and affection.
The people working on this centre will assist you with all the information that you’ll need to get around and use the public transport. They will tell you what to do and what not to do in Cuzco, so that you will feel free and save to get to know the country a bit better, as well as assist you in everything you may need during your work with the children.
Families & Homestays
Our families know, due to their experience, what it means to be a real host. They have received many students from different nationalities, occupations and ages. We will take into consideration your likes and preferences. Living with a local family is the best way to learn their customs, likes, and style while you learn a new language.
Residences & Hostels
If you want to live with several local and foreign students, you can choose to stay in a private or shared room in any of the students' residencies we offer you. Sharing a place with young people from all over the world is a great opportunity to learn about different cultures and make new friends as well as learning about the place in which you are studying.
Your role as a volunteer
As a volunteer you'll be expected to have a predisposition to work in teams with the regular staff and other local and international volunteers. The key to really seize the experience is to be open and to be proactive. Those qualities will be highly valued. Kids will want to know everything about you so you'll be able to share your background with them and vice versa. On this project you'll have to show all that love you have for children.
Usual Volunteer Tasks
- Over 18 years old
- High school degree
- Health insurance, accident and liability
- Commitment to the Host Organization,its rules and tasks
- Good predisposition to work with children
- Ability to adapt to different circumstances and flexibility
- Good spirit and lots of energy
- Pro-activeand, self-motivated and didactic
- Basic level of Spanish. Keep in mind that tasks will be assigned according to your level of Spanish
- Previous experience in social or educational work though not mandatory, will be valued
- Fulfill with all legal and formal requirements for your Volunteer *
*Latin American students applying for Volunteers in Spain must have a valid EU passport.
- Watch the children during working hours
- Help children with their homework and reading
- Assist with the set up and clean up of projects and snack time
- Raise vital funds for the project
- Prepare recreational activities
- Bathing, changing and clothing the babies and children.
- Spend free time chatting and playing with the children
- Assist the teachers and other volunteers on routine tasks
- Propose new ideas to improve the day to day
- Make friendship with the kids
- Prepare educational material
- Teach the children about your culture
- Help preparing meals offered
The tasks named above will be arranged with every volunteer according to each one’s skills and special abilities.
- Providing love and affection to babies and young children who are currently unable to live with their biological families.
- Lending a needed helping hand to the busy and dedicated staff at the home
- Help the youngest in need.
- Feel how rewarding it is to spend your time with babies.
Contact us NOW!
Our Team is ready to help you: