Volunteer Accompanying Vulnerable Children, Buenos Aires, Argentina
You are the one who can assure these children to have the chance to grow up safe and healthy.
The Host Organization is a children’s home where about 40 kids and teenagers between 8 and 18 live together because they were taken away from their families to protect them from abuse, drug problems and abandonment. They work to keep the children safe and to provide them a better environment to grow and study.
The children live in the organization, where they undertake a whole program consisting of psycho-pedagogical counseling, psychological treatment, medical checks, physical education, games, schooling, alfabetization and homework support. Among the courses and workshops are: drama lessons, computing, crafts and cookery. During the summer children enjoy extra activities such as swimming and going camping. The organization also offers support for the families, which is of great importance for the future of children.
The project aims to arouse in each child their own wish capable of leading them into assuming a life project. Thus, Participants’ work is of a great importance to accomplish this goal.
Join this project and make the difference!
The main task for volunteers is to be involved with the children and teenagers from this home, who already had to go through a lot of difficult experiences, as well as practicing their Spanish and cooperating by helping with daily duties at the Host Organization. In school participants can collaborate by helping the children with their homework as well as participating in leisure activities and artistic workshops.
It is very important to be patient because some children have gone through difficult situations and sometimes the participants have to handle children’s bad behavior. The participant must be didactic as well, and by the end of the project they will gain not only a lot of experience, but also satisfaction.
These children need all the help and special care you can provide. Most of them have had traumatic experiences in families stricken by drugs and violence. However, through the support of the organization they can be relieved from this and prevented from any harm. You will work together with other volunteers in order to change the life of these kids by turning the negative into positive. As a volunteer you are expected to contribute to shape their lives towards a promising future in which education and health are the key factors for success.
Families & Homestays
Our families know, due to their experience, what it means to be a real host. They have received many students from different nationalities, occupations and ages. We will take into consideration your likes and preferences. Living with a local family is the best way to learn their customs, likes, and style while you learn a new language.
Residences & Hostels
If you want to live with several local and foreign students, you can choose to stay in a private or shared room in any of the students' residencies we offer you. Sharing a place with young people from all over the world is a great opportunity to learn about different cultures and make new friends as well as learning about the place in which you are studying.
A Private Apartment is the best choice to enjoy your privacy and comfort of your own place.
Your role as a volunteer
As a volunteer you'll be expected to have a predisposition to work in teams with the regular staff and other local and international volunteers. The key to really seize the experience is to be open and to be proactive. Those qualities will be highly valued. Kids will want to know everything about you so you'll be able to share your background with them and vice versa. On this project you'll have to show all that love you have for children.
Usual Volunteer Tasks
- Over 20 years old
- High school degree
- Health insurance, accident and liability
- Commitment to the Host Organization,its rules and tasks
- Good predisposition to work with children
- Ability to adapt to different circumstances and flexibility
- Good spirit and lots of energy
- Pro-activeand, self-motivated and didactic
- Basic level of Spanish. Keep in mind that tasks will be assigned according to your level of Spanish
- Previous experience in social or educational work though not mandatory, will be valued
- Fulfill with all legal and formal requirements for your Volunteer*
- Minimum length of the program is 1 month
*Latin American students applying for Volunteers in Spain must have a valid EU passport.
- Watch the children during working hours
- Help children with their homework and reading
- Assist with the set up and clean up of projects and snack time
- Raise vital funds for the project
- Prepare recreational activities
- Put together presentations and educational games
- Spend free time chatting and playing with the children
- Assist the teachers and other volunteers on routine tasks
- Propose new ideas to improve the day to day work at the organization
- Make friendship with the kids
- Prepare educational material
- Teach the children about your culture
- Help preparing meals offered
The tasks named above will be arranged with every volunteer according to each one’s skills and special abilities.
- Provide affection and support to vulnerable children and adolescents.
- Contribute to children’s future through education.
- Assist the staff and other volunteer in any activity you like.
- Create new workshops and activities to teach and entertain the children.
Contact us NOW!
Our Team is ready to help you: