Volunteer abroad at an alternative farming, Santa Rosa, Costa Rica
You are the one who can assure these children to have the chance to grow up safe and healthy.
The Host Organization is a community, which is located 13 kilometers southwest of the city of Puerto Limon on the Atlantic coast of Costa Rica. It is an area rich in natural beauty and scenic, with rivers, waterfalls, primary and secondary forests. Additionally, the community has public services: drinking water, electricity, cable TV, public transport. Not have telephone service or internet.
The Participant will develop their skills in tasks like: develop a whole system sustainable agriculture and livestock to show and train people in the community, to create awareness in preserving and protecting the environment; production of traditional local products (cocoa, bananas, etc); production of non-traditional area (greenhouse); biogas Production (Maintenance biodigesters); vermiculture; production of organic fertilizers (use of waste); breeding dual purpose (milk and meat); reforestation Plan and hedges, this in order to protect the headwaters and streams, the trees absorb carbon dioxide (CO2) and release oxygen (O2), creation and maintenance of trails to enjoy the great diversity and beauty of the flora and fauna of the rainforest in Costa Rican Caribbean.
Join this project and make the difference!
The primary objective is to educate the Participant to perform work for the conservation of the environment, to instill in Participants the responsibility of each one to keep and care for the forest reserves, crops in the area, flora and fauna.
Your role as a volunteer
You must have the ability to adapt to a tropical environment and live in basic conditions. Being in excellent health and willing to help in the conservation area. There are specific behavior rules, so please follow them and keep good manners. It is prohibited to drink alcohol and to use illegal drugs.
Usual Volunteer Tasks
- Over 18 years old
- Hard working skills
- Ecologically sensitive
- Willing to learn about new cultures
- Develop a whole system sustainable agriculture
- General infrastructure maintenance
- Protection and cleaning of the beaches
- Work against wildlife trade, poaching and deforestation
- Production of traditional local products
- Collaborate on environmental education programs for tourists and for inhabitants of the surrounding communities
- Touristic attention and customer service
- Control Walkings
- Creation and maintenance of trails
The tasks described above may vary according the season and the numbers of volunteers. You are welcome to help anytime you consider is needed.
- Get to know the sustainable agriculture and open your mind to an ecological way of life.
- Get in touch with the real Costa Rican culture away of the touristic areas.
- Enjoy the beautiful rainforest and its flora and fauna.
- Feel how rewarding it is to do something for our planet.
Contact us NOW!
Our Team is ready to help you: