Therapeutic recreation volunteer with the disabled, Cordoba, Argentina
You are the one who can assure these children to have the chance to grow up safe and healthy.
By committing to this project you’ll be working with a non-profit organization that has been active in the field for many years now and that knows how to make volunteer experiences great for both the organization and the participant. The organization specializes on therapeutic-occupational workshops to develop different work skills in a protected environment to later achieve self-sufficiency. The professionals try to stimulate several interests and competences aiming to develop each particular individual’s potential.
As a volunteer you’ll be invited to collaborate in any of the programs that the organization provides to the people with disabilities of Córdoba and its surroundings. You can chip in on the therapeutic-occupational workshops such as theater, music, body language, fine arts, radio, soccer, swimming, equine therapy and music therapy among other that you can come up with. On these workshops you’ll have as a goal to help them acquire everyday life habits and social skills for them to properly integrate to their family environment and society.
You can also take part in the production workshops of carpentry and garden nursery. Through these activities, students can learn skills to make a way of living. In particular they learn a skill and work to achieve autonomy to manage the product in quantity and quality. At the same time they self-finance the workshop by selling the furniture and plants they make. You can help in the production of the goods and in the correct commercialization of the goods.
Join this project and make the difference!
They also need an extra hand at the centre for training and job placement. Here you’ll help people with disabilities to improve their quality of life by promoting training processes and / or job placement. You’ll be helping them to approach the adults’ world in a healthy way. By taking into consideration each participant’s need you can help them find what they can do and feel comfortable with to develop the skill that will make them a certain degree of independence. You can also encourage the realization of viable micro enterprises by involving the family.
And last but not least, you can assist at one of the fundamental pillars of the organization that is research. Carrying on research allows them to re-think their goals and the means to do it and improve their work each year. On this area you can help organizing research and study activities as well as help in spreading the word about new findings on disabilities and how to approach the people with special needs. You can participate in meetings, conferences, workshops and seminars.
As you can see, such an ambitious organization needs everyone’s help! You can be part of their activities and choose the ones you feel more comfortable with. A professor will accompany you every step of the way and you’ll be able to enjoy to the best your volunteer experience. Join their cause!
Families & Homestays
Our families know, due to their experience, what it means to be a real host. They have received many students from different nationalities, occupations and ages. We will take into consideration your likes and preferences. Living with a local family is the best way to learn their customs, likes, and style while you learn a new language.
Residences & Hostels
If you want to live with several local and foreign students, you can choose to stay in a private or shared room in any of the students' residencies we offer you. Sharing a place with young people from all over the world is a great opportunity to learn about different cultures and make new friends as well as learning about the place in which you are studying.
A Private Apartment is the best choice to enjoy your privacy and comfort of your own place.
Your role as a volunteer
On this volunteer project you'll have to work on your empathy. You need to walk on these people's shoes and try to think what would need or like if you were them. You need to listen and to spend time with them to be able to fulfill their needs. The staff is very savvy and open to help you in everything you may need. But it is important for you to be perceptive and proactive..
Usual Volunteer Tasks
- Over 18 years old
- High school degree
- Health insurance, accident and liability
- Commitment to the Host Organization,its rules and tasks
- Have skills to work with people with disabilities
- To be creative and have an affinitty with disabled people
- To be motivated, patient, resourceful and willing to join in a wide range of activities
- To be a committed and responsible person willing to help
- To have skills to organize recreation events
- Enthusiastic spirit and lots of energy
- Students or health professionals are welcomed to help
- An intermediate Spanish level is recommended
- Fulfill with all legal and formal requirements for your Volunteer*
*Latin American students applying for Volunteers in Spain must have a valid EU passport.
- To watch out for physical and mental health of the disabled
- To assist on rehabilitation activities
- To work on maintenance activities
- To get involved with the disabled
- To spend time with them making them happier
- Preparation of recreational and sports activities
- Assisting the staff and other volunteers on routine duties
The tasks named above will be arranged with every volunteer according to each one’s skills and special abilities.
- Work with an experienced non-profit organization that will allow you to learn and act on the everyday problems that affect people with disabilities
- Collaborate on any of the programs organized by the organization such as therapeutic-occupational workshops, production workshops of carpentry and garden nursery, training and job placement and research
- You don’t need a special qualification, only a lot of energy, a genuine interest in the matter and to open yourself up to learn as much as you can and help in any way possible
- You’ll feel supported throughout the experience by a competent and friendly staff
Contact us NOW!
Our Team is ready to help you: