Educational Volunteer with children in need, Santiago de Chile, Chile
You are the one who can assure these children to have the chance to grow up safe and healthy.
By involving on this project you’ll contribute to improve the quality of life for people of high social and economic vulnerability of the community, through tools that mobilize their own capacities and potentials for development. The creation of this foundation was for children and teenagers who are disadvantaged and therefore had fallen into drugs, experienced family violence and other problems. In the search for a way to better the conditions of this population this institution was created.
The facilities are excellent. It has everything the children may need to get a quality education to boost their talents and capabilities such as computer and English labs, music rooms, library and a place to play sports.
At this project you’ll work to join children in an environment of respect, freedom and family responsibility, inspired by the values of loyalty, justice, respect, solidarity, commitment, transparency and teamwork. This is a place where the effort and personal commitment of each of the parents and guardians, educators and foundation officials make it possible to provide quality education to the children most vulnerable in Santiago’s society, engaging parents and family members.
As a volunteer you’ll be asked to give freely and responsibly your time and expertise for the welfare of the children, mainly those who need it most. You’ll need to recognize this service as a social commitment, seeking to encourage children to develop their own capabilities and resources.
Join this project and make the difference!
You’ll feel very welcomed by them since they always show interest for someone from another country. You’ll be able to share your customs and information about your home country with them on the lessons you assist at. Teachers will be happy to have you as well, since they always need a helpful hand. These children are given the best education to be able to come out of the tough reality they live in daily having better chances than their parents have to get a job. This organization has their hands full since they assist a lot of children. For that reason your assistance at the lessons is very important. You can assist at English, math, computer science and physical education lessons. You can also prepare recreational activities for the children or assist the organization on everything related to social service. Besides you can help create workshops that open up new possibilities outside of the small world in which they live. The institution accepts all people that want to help these children increase their knowledge and have more opportunities in life.
You’ll have to take the initiative, be organized, systematic and responsible in your work, demonstrating commitment to the project and to show yourself as honest, reliable and a team player. If you have a genuine interest in working with vulnerable children you can help! All you need is lots of energy and an open mind to enjoy this amazing volunteer experience.
This project is available for 2 months of volunteer program at least.
Families & Homestays
Our families know, due to their experience, what it means to be a real host. They have received many students from different nationalities, occupations and ages. We will take into consideration your likes and preferences. Living with a local family is the best way to learn their customs, likes, and style while you learn a new language.
Residences & Hostels
If you want to live with several local and foreign students, you can choose to stay in a private or shared room in any of the students' residencies we offer you. Sharing a place with young people from all over the world is a great opportunity to learn about different cultures and make new friends as well as learning about the place in which you are studying.
A Private Apartment is the best choice to enjoy your privacy and comfort of your own place.
Your role as a volunteer
On this volunteer project you'll have to work on your empathy. You need to walk on these people's shoes and try to thinkabout what theywould need or like if you were them. You need to listen and to spend time with them to be able to fulfill their needs. The staff is very savy and open to help you in everything you may need. But it is important for you to be perceptive and proactive.
Usual Volunteer Tasks
- Over 18 years old
- High school degree
- Health insurance, accident and liability
- Commitment to the Host Organization,its rules and tasks
- Maintain a cordial relationship with students
- Be motivated, patient, resourceful and willing to join in a wide range of activities
- Be a committed and responsible person willing to help
- Have skills to organize recreation events
- Enthusiastic spirit and lots of energy
- An intermediate Spanish level is recommended
- Fulfill with all legal and formal requirements for your Volunteer*
- Prepare educational material
- Teach English or your mother tongue
- Provide homework support
- Setting up handcraft workshops
- Giving dance classes
- Starting theatre clinics
- Organizing music seminars
- Assisting the staff and other volunteers on routine duties
- Teaching students about your country and its customs
The tasks named above will be arranged with every volunteer according to each one’s skills and special abilities.
- Provide good quality education for children with few resources that live in poverty and want to increase their knowledge
- Provide lessons and recreational activities supported by an experienced organization that is used to working with volunteer and knows how to make the best experience for you as well for the children and the institution
- Provide training tools to children for them to develop into competent adult with equal opportunities
- Put in all your innovative capacity to motivate new challenges for the welfare of children
Contact us NOW!
Our Team is ready to help you: