Art promotional volunteer, Quito, Ecuador
Anything that you can bring, will be very helpful to give opportunities those more in need. Volunteer!!
Volunteers will be located in one of Ecuador’s most celebrated art galleries. The gallery is home a compelling collection of art including pre-Colombian pieces and colonial carvings, with the main draw being the work of Oswaldo Guayasamin – Ecuador’s best
known contemporary artist. This project is perfect for volunteers who have a love of history, art and culture. It would also be a fantastic opportunity for students studying art or those interested in working in this field.
There are various areas in which volunteers can get involved, including the museum of contemporary art, the museum of colonial art, restoration workshops and silk-screening work shops. As a volunteer, you will help with guided tours of the galleries and museums in English and/or Spanish.
Join this project and make the difference!
The people working on this centre will assist you with all the information that you’ll need to get around and use the public transport. They will tell you what to do and what not to do in Ecuador, so that you will feel free and save to get to know the country a bit better, as well as assist you in everything you may need during your work with the gallery.
You’ll play a big role at the project, assisting in everything you can and remaining creative and motivated, always willing to help and to learn more about art and Ecuador’s history through it. There are various areas in which volunteers can get involved, including the museum of contemporary art, the museum of colonial art, restoration workshops and silk-screening workshops. As a volunteer, you will help with guided tours of the galleries and museums in English and/or Spanish. If you know the importance that art has in society and you want to share your love for it, this project is perfect for you.
Families & Homestays
Our families know, due to their experience, what it means to be a real host. They have received many students from different nationalities, occupations and ages. We will take into consideration your likes and preferences. Living with a local family is the best way to learn their customs, likes, and style while you learn a new language.
Residences & Hostels
If you want to live with several local and foreign students, you can choose to stay in a private or shared room in any of the students' residencies we offer you. Sharing a place with young people from all over the world is a great opportunity to learn about different cultures and make new friends as well as learning about the place in which you are studying.
Usual Volunteer Tasks
- Over 18 years old
- High school degree
- Health insurance, accident and liability
- Commitment to the Host Organization,its rules and tasks
- Basic knowledge of Spanish
- Attitude of service
- Enthusiasm for working with people of low resources
- Studies in careers or professions in humanistic and/or social fields, though not mandatory will be highly valued
- Energy, pro-activity, creativity and a good ear are needed
- Willingness to share your time
- Fulfill with all legal and formal requirements for your Volunteer *
*Latin American students applying for Volunteers in Spain must have a valid EU passport.
- On this project tasks are simple, but indispensable and on top of everything varied!
- Assistance in the promotion and dissemination of the host organization
- participation in the search for sponsors
- Projects implemented by the NGO, as well as in publications
- Participating in restoration workshops and silk-screening workshops
- Helping on maintenance activities
- Helping with guided tours of the galleries and museums in English and/or Spanish.
The tasks named above will be arranged with every volunteer according to each one’s skills and special abilities.
- The opportunity to work in Quito’s most famous art galleries.Gaining valuable work experience.Living and volunteering in one of South America’s most exciting capital cities!Organize workshops!
Contact us NOW!
Our Team is ready to help you: