Media in San José
As an intern you’ll get involved in the creation and development of a huge variety of media products. Could be audiovisual or written. If you’ve got communication and social skills, you like working in team and you consider yourself proactive and responsible, Improve yous skills in the real world. Sign up Now!
Placement available from January to September
Families & Homestays
Our families know, due to their experience, what it means to be a real host. They have received many students from different nationalities, occupations and ages. We will take into consideration your likes and preferences. Living with a local family is the best way to learn their customs, likes, and style while you learn a new language.
Residences & Hostels
If you want to live with several local and foreign students, you can choose to stay in a private or shared room in any of the students' residencies we offer you. Sharing a place with young people from all over the world is a great opportunity to learn about different cultures and make new friends as well as learning about the place in which you are studying.
- Excellent communication skills with a wide range of groups.
- Strong interest in current events
- Ability to work well under daily deadlines.
- Experience with desktop publishing and design programs.
- A keen eye for design and creativity.
- Motivated, self-starter who is able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Team player
- Handle MS Office, especially Excel.
- Enjoying writing
At your workplace, you’ll probably start with basic tasks in a variety of fields in media. You’ll be be responsible for one or more of the following tasks depending on your abilities:
- Researching about potential suppliers.
- Evaluating and controlling suppliers.
- Defining purchasing requirements.
- Analyzing quotation.
- Negotiating with suppliers and internal clients.
- Stocks control.
- Attending and timing rehearsals, overseeing timings during a shoot or show, and cutting pre-recorded material.
- Organizing the production and distribution of scripts as well as typing up camera scripts and shot cards.
- Arrange interviews
- Coordination of media campaigns with flayers and posters
- Working closely with the producer, director and production team by attending and coordinating planning meetings.
- Seeking out and investigating stories via your contacts, press releases and other media.
- Attending a variety of events, such as council meetings, magistrates’ court proceedings, football matches, talent contests, etc;
- Answering the phones and reacting to breaking news stories.
- Working closely with the news team, photographers and editors.
- Photo selection
- Proofreading and edition of texts
Please note: Responsibilities can vary according to the needs and resources of the Host Organization at the moment of your internship.
- Get hands-on experience, contacts with other people in graphic media, and improve the possibility to land a job immediately after your internship.
- Develop new skills as a worker and learn things about yourself which you never knew you were capable of.
- Take the opportunity to write your own articles!
- Make interviews assist to events and learn more about current events in your host country!
Contact us NOW!
Our Team is ready to help you: