Health in San José
Families & Homestays
Our families know, due to their experience, what it means to be a real host. They have received many students from different nationalities, occupations and ages. We will take into consideration your likes and preferences. Living with a local family is the best way to learn their customs, likes, and style while you learn a new language.
Residences & Hostels
If you want to live with several local and foreign students, you can choose to stay in a private or shared room in any of the students' residencies we offer you. Sharing a place with young people from all over the world is a great opportunity to learn about different cultures and make new friends as well as learning about the place in which you are studying.
- Student or graduate in Medicine, Nursing or any related Medical Science.
- Great interpersonal skills
- Analytical and social skills
- Additional secondary health care training preferred
- Similar patient care experience preferred.
At your workplace, you’ll probably start with basic tasks in a variety of fields in medical observation. You’ll be be responsible for one or more of the following tasks depending on your abilities:
- Assisting doctors during care-rounds
- Taking care of patients according to their needs and the Health Centre´s needs as well.
- Helping to move some patients to another health centre.
- Participating in training.
- Assisting in evaluation and treatment assignment.
- Performing first aid and social assistance duties in case that the supervising doctor authorises it.
- Administrative tasks
- Observing the management of medical instruments
Please note: Responsibilities can vary according to the needs and resources of the Host Organization at the moment of your internship.
- Get hands-on experience, contacts with other people in medical observation, and improve the possibility to land a job immediately after your internship.
- Develop new skills as a worker and learn things about yourself which you never knew you were capable of.
- Take the opportunity to work with patients and assist in their treatment.
- Assist in the evaluation process and perform first aid and social assistance!
- Determined on site. This position requires a minimum time commitment of 20 hours per week.
- Minimum commitment: 8 weeks. Please contact us for holidays information.
Contact us NOW!
Our Team is ready to help you: